7 Reasons the Song of Songs is a Love Song that stands above all the rest.
The Song of Song is the greatest love Song ever written because of all the other superlatives in the Song prove it to be worthy of such a title. Those superlatives are
- “The most beautiful woman” Song 1:8
- in the most glorious kingdom ever.
- The greater gracious love of a Holy King to an enemy slave girl but born again Ez. 36:26 with Song 8:6. No greater love has someone than this that you die for your enemy bride so she could be your friend. Solomon didn’t die for his wife but he possessed a love that not even death could stop it. Which leads to my next point that
- Since they both possess the “Flame of the LORD” the most powerful love is on display as they overcome the greatest of difficulties when to become one practically. So the most powerful love is here on display.
- The strongest desires are fulfilled to their fullest and there will always be more of the same to a higher degree. So this love is never ending!!
- A Husband with unmeasurable wisdom 1 Kings 4:23, we ought to see this wisdom on display in the Song as he so skillfully loves his wife. What’s his is hers, therefore she gets a spiritual shepherd of her heart who has unmeasurable wisdom to guide her closer to God faster and more intimate than she could ever think or imagine.
- The greatest difficulties are overcome. Depicted as mountains in the Song.
- The most beautiful flowers in the world, most beautiful locations and scenes in nature are often used to heighten the emotions.
- Their love, desire, affection and holy jealousy burns exhibited to us in the MOST affecting manner! 1st person meditations so that the truth in the text agree’s with our hearts.
- In the context of a marriage where the “most” intimate and heightened levels of emotion and love is shared. The “Flame of the LORD”. God’s love is great and immense. Where on earth is love when shared, when is it at its greatest and highest points. Certainly in courtship, engagement and marriage, wedding night, honeymoon , anniversaries, special occasions etc. In a brother sister relationship you don’t have these highs, in a father son relationship you have great joys and delights, but a husband and wife they share the greatest and most intimate delightful times of any other union. So also Christ’s union with His Bride has highs and lows and better times of holy communion and expressions of love. The Song of Songs is in the marriage context in order to see great heights of love on display in courtship and marriage. And also times of felt separation due to sin are on display in Song 3 and 5.
First I will list all 7 reasons then we will look a little closer at each reason. Notice the superlatives. Since the Song of Songs is a Love Song above all love Songs many superlatives are used. Superlatives are greatest, having no equal, infinite
- Solomon’s Song of Songs in the Bible is the Greatest love song ever written because the title says so and the contents of the Song prove it to have no equal.
- The Love would have to be the most powerful and infinite. Writing love song displaying a lesser love, say, the common grace love shared between two non-believers. This is a love Song above all others because they have love the “flame of the LORD” in them. The Love they share is superlative in nature due to it being the infinite Love of God “the very flame of the LORD” at work in the hearts of both Solomon and his bride. The only reason they were able to reach practical oneness in chapter 8. Even death doesn’t stop this love, its so powerful. Song 8:6 The greatest love Song has the most powerful love at work in and through it. From God through the husband/Husband to the bride. She is one with him/Him positionally. What is his/His is hers.
- Solomon the husband in the Song is perfect in all he did in the marriage. At least what is written is snapshots of Solomons courtship and marriage. All of his life is not here in the Song but Solomon loved his wife as Christ would love the church for since Solomon was the greatest type of Christ to have lived thus far, so Solomon is in the Song of Songs is the greatest husband above all others Song 5:9. The greatest love Song ever written has the greatest husband ever in it so that the greatest love can be seen and felt when properly meditated on.
- The greatest love Song stand above all the rest because Solomon has the most beautiful of all women as his bride despite outward appearances because she is born again Ez. 36:26 and Song 8:6.
- The greatest Love Song uses marriage to the greatest type of Christ to illustrate love, the very flame of the LORD.
- They overcome the hardest difficulties in marriage, called foxes, mountains, thorns.
- Greater love is manifested when an enemy is shown love and grace. She was an enemy of God and His kingdom thus she was an enemy of Solomon who sat on the Throne of God 2 Chronicles. Greater love is on display when one loves an enemy verses a good person. Solomon is a superlative lover.
Solomon titled this God breathed Love Song, “Solomon’s Song of Songs.” Some form of the word love is used more than 60 times in the Song, so clearly this is a love Song. This Love Song stand above all other love Songs. It is superlative in nature. No other love song compares to this one, especially in its ability to communicate God’s Love to our whole heart enabling us to discern the Spirits work in our hearts the very flame of the Lord Song 8:6. The Song of Songs has no equal!!! Line up all the love Songs. This Songs communicates God’s love to both our understanding and our feelings better than any other love Song. We are talking about Solomon’s Song of Songs.
Jonathan Edwards on Solomon’s Song of Songs. The name by which Solomon calls this song confirms me in it that it is more than an ordinary love song, and that it was designed for a divine song, and of divine authority; for we read, 1 Kings 4:32, that Solomon’s “songs were a thousand and five.” This he calls the “song of songs” [Canticles 1:1], that is, the most excellent of all his songs, which it seems very probable to me to be upon that account, because it was a song of the most excellent subject, treating of the love, union, and communion between Christ and his spouse, of which marriage and conjugal love was but a shadow. These are the most excellent lovers, and their love the most excellent love.2
( I pray that I could do this Song more justice than what it has been typically giving it, and pray that someone else furthers my work and joyful labor of love in the LORD! Amen!)
Superlatives in the Song of Songs and other places in Scripture
Other than the song itself, things superlative in nature are places can be more holy, sights can have degree’s of loveliness or beauty. Emotions in greater heights, depths, lengths, and widths, tastes and good and evil all have degree’s of existence. You see its not just that one place is holy and another is not, but that a one place can be holier than another. And one thing lovelier than another, yet both lovely.
Places are superlative in the Scripture
The Holy of Holies
The Holy of Holies is a section of the temple that was holier than any other. Nearness to God. Of all holy places this place was the holiest. Holiness meaning free from all evil. Set apart. Whatever the essence of Holiness is the Holy of Holies is a place in the temple that is holier than the rest. It stands out in holiness. Holiness has degree’s and some places are holy but the inner sanctuary was the holiest.
The greatest manifestation of the Holiness of God is seen represented in the inner sanctuary of the Temple. The “beauty of the Lord” that the Psalmist wanted to see Psalm 27:4 (sacrificial system, priesthood) understanding God’s Holiness in bringing us closer to Him in Christ in way constant with who He is. God is free from all evil, immutably pure and holy.
There is a time when the altar was holier than another time. Ex. 29:37
Height of heights
The Song is meant for you to argue from the lesser Christ to the Greater Matt. 12:42. Solomon was a type of Christ in many ways, but Christ wisdom on display in the salvation and sanctification/beautification of the soul.
God is infinitely higher than our greatest thought, even your greatest most highest thought of God is but a spec of who He is.
1 Kings 9:27, Deut. 10:14
Heights in the song are used to illustrate overcoming great difficulty proving their love for each other. He is skillful like a gazelle on the mountain tops. And she produces spices on top of the mountains. Th Song brings our minds delightfully to certain locations in order to communicate the superlative nature of the difficulty. Getting over object is hard. Getting over a mountain top is the hardest. The grandeur of the mountain and the skill of the husband to overcome and catch the foxes that are ruining their relationship from blossoming are the idea’s meaning to be communicated at the end of Song 2
God is the Loveliest of lovelies
Whatever is lovely in nature God has an infinite degree’ of it and is perfect in Loveliness. He is The Lover above all other lovers. It points us to Christ’s eternal love to us by seeing God love work through Solomon to his/His bride and what makes her happiest is to experience his love over and over again “because his/His love is more delightful than wine” Song 1:2
Principles have degree’s of truth. Principles aren’t just black and white, black can get blacker and white can get whiter. Its not that one object is lovely and another repulsive. Its not like one person is just lovely, but that different objects can be lovelier than others. There can be one being lovelier than other. One star brighter than all the rest and all the other stars shining in varying degree’s of brightness. The brighter the holy star the greater the glory and loveliness is. The bride of God is “the most beautiful of women” Song of Songs 1:7
How lovely is a slightly budded rose amidst so much green, but lovelier still is the rose in full bloom! There is a beauty in a slightly budding rose that makes it lovely and enflames or joy in anticipation of the lovelier full bloom displaying all its beauty or moral excellencies.
Grow in your understanding and delight in Christ’s eternal love for you. This is the same as to say “Grow in your experience of Christ.” Sometimes called “Christian experience”
A Beauty of all beauties is in the Song
She is the “most beautiful of women” Song of Songs 1:8 Fearing rejection he helps enable her to be swift and fearless by assuring her of what he think about her appearance. He truly see’s her as the “most beautiful of all women.” United to Christ she is forgiven and the “Lord is her righteousness” . It is her moral excellency that is so beautiful. Her holiness which consists in her Love to God the very Flame of the Lord in her Song 8:6
In her heart is Peace, Hatred of sin. Degree of knowledge of God and love and delight in Him. Oh, so morally beautiful, she surely is!
Emotions have degree’s of excellency as well!
Heights of Emotions make for a good love Song! I mean imagine a love Song with none of the lovers having a great degree of love to the object of its affection.
Greater Love with more delight Song 1:2 Delight above all other delights better than wine, the greatest pleasure of pleasures.
Heights of the greatest delight are shared between the two to greater and greater degree’s but there are some mountaintop experiences of revelations of our Lord Jesus Christ when meditating on the Cross, with humbler, righter lower views or idea’s of ourselves than before. Song 2:5-6, 2:16, 5:1
Tastes can be better
People Can be greater than others.
Servant of servants
King of Kings
Most regal in authority and rule, guided by unmeasurable wisdom.
Leader above leaders Numbers 3:32
Valuation, estimation and preciousness has degree’s as well.
Good character qualities in the Lovers
Swift fearless “mare” Song 1:8
Love and faithfulness Song 4:9
Evils (for lack of a better category)
Extreme evil, great wickedness Hosea 10:15
Futility of futilities, utterly meaningless Ecclesiastes 1:2
Most supreme deformity. Ugliest of uglies. Most filthy of filthiest
The greater the stigma is to overcome then the greater is Solomon’s skill to love her. A greater love can be seen. One that overlooks moral stigma’s.
Image it, think about it for a moment. The title of a book about love, the very flame of the Lord, in the Bible that is titled “The Song of Songs”. Obviously this is a love song therefore this Love Song is better than all others of it kind and nature. Once before called “Canticles” now Solomons love Song stands above all the rest as Solomon’s Song of Songs. Solomon is the author. Do you want to know and experience through a type of Christ the Love of God, the “Flame of the LORD” Song 8:6 in marriage to such type of Christ. The Song will communicate to your heart both the idea and sense of God’s love better than any other love Song PERIOD! Then set your heart a flaming for your Lord and God. Ever getting hotter and brighter for the glory of God as we behold Him in His Son.
Solomon wrote 1005 Songs 1 Kings 4:32. This Song not only stands above all the others Solomon wrote but also Moses and other Songs in Scripture, this is Solomon’s Song of Songs. Meaning not only is this the greatest love Song in existence anywhere but also stands above all other songs.
If you are saved, then you will have, like the bride in the Song, you will have a yearning for the closest most personal intimacy with God through union with the greatest messiah. We know that to be Christ the Messiah, but in the Old testament they were types of Christ but not Christ. They were messiah’s but they were not The Messiah. The Bride wants to marry the king to whom peace belongs so that she could be nearer to God in Love. Now that was Solomon at her time, for Solomon was the greatest type of Christ to be living at that time and any time before, Thats why all the maidens wanted Solomon Song 1:3-4 but for us this is Christ!
If you have that burning desire for love intimacy with Jesus Christ then this Song will do it for you better than any other! It has back and forth extremely intimate and holy conversations. Communion of the Bride with Solomon the lesser but most glorious messiah to have lived thus far. Imagine you talk to Christ, He answers back, and you praise Him, He adores you and back and forth! The intimacy you desired with Christ is all right here!! And as intimate as you desire to humble yourself it will get more and more intimate.
This just blows my mind!! Imagine what Hollywood would do with something like this? What would writers do if they knew the formula for a perfect love song? I am going to attempt to pull out what I see as the key components of this Love Song that makes it the best of the best of Love Songs.
This Love Song stands above all other Love Songs it is Solomon’s Song of Songs. Just as the holy of holies illustrates a location can be holier than another so also one love Song can be better at communicating the idea of love to our whole heart thus we get a sense of His love better than we would by reading any other love song. The Song of Songs uses an unusual marriage context to illustrate Christ love to his bride. A Holy King of Israel union with a born again enemy of God, sunburnt slave girl. Love to ones enemies is where love is greatest on display.
The Song of Songs is described as “treating of the divine love, union and communion of the most glorious lovers, Christ and his spiritual spouse, of which a marriage union and conjugal love… is but a shadow.” Jonathan Edwards.
So we see how Solomon loves his wife. This is a shadow of Christ’s love to His Bride. She married Solomon, a messiah, a lesser Christ and he sanctified by his love or rather God loving her through Solomon by the power of the Lords flame Song 8:6.
So I asked the question “What would the contents of a song have to be in order for it to stand above all the rest?” What is it about the Song of Song that makes it better than any other love Song? not only are divine truths declared most worthy to affect us, but they are exhibited in the most affecting manner in the heights of holy love in courtship and marriage because they are similar to the heights of communion with Christ during the growth of a believer in union with Christ through various stages of Christian growth as the woman also matures in her marital duties.
I would like to explain in further detail the 7 reasons why the Song of Songs is greater than any other. I will attempt to explain key truths contained in Solomon’s Song of Songs that make it worthy of having this superlative title.
- Solomon’s Song of Songs in the Bible is the greatest love song ever written because the title says so and the contents of the Song prove it to have no equal.
- The Love they share is superlative in nature due to it being the infinite Love of God “the very flame of the LORD” at work in the hearts of both Solomon and his bride. There is no greater love than God’s Love so this Song must and is about God’s love. A superlative love song can’t have a common love binding them. A worldly love is selfish. but a holy love is from the “very Flame of the Lord.” Song 8:6 This love is one of a kind, infinite, can’t be bought, unstoppable etc.
- Solomon in the Song of Songs is the greatest husband to have lived thus far. The greatest love Song ever written has the greatest husband ever in it so that the greatest love can be seen. There is a sufficiency in Solomon to satisfy all her desires. They both desire to please each other. Solomon is portrayed as perfect and she grows in her love to God and Solomon as Solomon loves her as Christ loves the Church. Two most excellent lovers are in the most excellent love Song. Solomon is portrayed as perfect in the Song so the husband wanting to be like Christ can see the example in how Solomon loves his wife in different situations. You can look and see what a wise husband does with the one he loves in various ups and downs of life, therefore a husband perfectly loving his wife in the ups and downs of marriage is on display, helping to make the Song of Songs stand out above all the rest in its illustration of how a husband ought to love his wife. I mean we are made in his image. It is being renewed in the hearts of believers. The Song of love communicates to our minds a greater understanding of God’s love to us through a mediator by allowing us to experience His Love like never before. (properly meditating on the text) In this way we get a greater idea of God’s love and love Him more. Experience of God’s love in a covenantal relationship through a mediator/husband is God’s choice illustration for helping us understand His Love. Mainly by letting us argue from the lesser christ to the greater Christ Matt. 12:42 in order to get a higher view of Christ and a right use of types in the Old Testament. Husbands love their wife as Christ loved the church. When an idea and feeling is hard to communicate to our hearts and that idea is communicated then the means used must be excellent in proportion to its ability to communicate love. Meaning the Song of Songs and the Holy Spirit is the means God uses to help us both understand and feel or experience God’s love. Or in the words of Song 8:6, we experience the “Flame of the Lord”. This Love must be felt in order to be understood correctly thus we desire more of it. Song 1:2 She wants to experience more of God’s love through Solomon. This love is not just emotional but also includes both mind, knowledge and understanding of God. Or said another way it includes the will, emotions, feelings and desires.So the greatest Love Song not only has the greatest type of Christ to have lived thus as the husband, lover, friend, shepherd, promised messiah, son of David, prophet, priest, and king of kings. Solomon is not just one of my husbands, beloved’s or friends. Solomon was chief among ten thousand Song 5:12. He stood above all others. He was distinctly unique and had a name above all earthly names.
- The greatest love Song stand above all the rest because Solomon has the most beautiful of all women as his bride despite outward appearances because she is born again Ez. 36:26 and Song 8:6. Her being the most beautiful draws out his/His holy affection or love to her. Laws of holy attraction. Her moral beauty is delightful to behold in action. “Your love is more delightful than wine” Solomon says to his bride, “How delightful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much more pleasing is your love than wine, and the fragrance of your perfume more than any spice!” Song 4:10
- The greatest Love Song uses the context of marriage to the greatest type of Christ to illustrate love, the very flame of the LORD. “Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the Church” Ephesians 5. In marriage some of the greatest heights, lengths, depths and breath of love and intimacy are experienced. Whereas any other love context would pale in comparison. Yes we see a father loving a daughter or son, but a husbands love to his bride is much more intimate and experienced in many ways that a father can’t do. Or a mother or neighbor or relative etc.
- They overcome the hardest difficulties in marriage, called foxes, mountains, thorns. Herein is love seen on display, therefore we can see how a wife loves her husband and how a husband ought to love his wife as Christ loved the church. A husband role is to be the greatest type of Christ possible.
- The greatest similes, illustrations, types and metaphors are used making the Song of Songs worthy of such a title. Myrrh is often used because it was so valuable and desirable to have that people were willing to die in order to harvest it in the middle of the desert. The most valuable and precious jewels are used to illustrate how precious and valuable they are to each other. The tastiest food are used to communicate delight and enjoyment. The best of spices to illustrate the precious fruits of her love. The most beautiful places in nature are used. Superlative metaphors are used to heighten your religious holy emotion of love. Having felt it then you have a better idea of it!! Oh to know the love of God through a deep intimate relationship with Christ as we flee from sin and fearlessly run towards God.
LISTED BELOW ARE MY OTHER THOUGHTS I THOUGHT NOT SO ORGANIZED OR NOT TO THE POINT SO WELL. I MAY DEVELOP THESE IN A BETTER MANNER LATER.
- It is a Love Song set in Poetry!! Using a marriage context allows for greater expressions of love that otherwise would be difficult to just explain. The heights of emotion in courtship are likened to the heights of a new born babe drink up the milk of the Word of God. The poetry is also in the first person which allows for a feeling of romance and love being in the air, better than a narrative of just stating facts. Although the song does state facts for context purposes like Song 3:6-11 and other places, the majority of the Song contains the sweetest conversation between the two most excellent lovers in poetic language from the brides perspective so wether you are Israel, a bride, a believer or the bride of Christ then you can easily mediate on the text and put yourself in her shoes and feel what she feels, do what she does, get the praise from the greatest type of Christ to have lived as you put yourself in her shoes when Solomon praises the noble character of his bride, is not her noble character the same as ours? Are we not all of the same Spirit, same “Flame of the Lord” Song 8:6, Ephesians 1:13
- As I briefly said above but now make it a point to stand on it’s own as a reason why this Song of Love is greater than any other Song is the fact that it is often in the first person. Love is better understood by being felt, then the mind and heart knows the love of God. If we put ourselves in her shoes and think upon who she feels and why she feels this way then the mind of any believer will immediately see an illustration of how some things are similar about how a husband loves his wife and how Christ has and is loving me. Much of the whole Song is from the woman’s perspective so you can easily meditate on the text from her perspective. Love is better first felt than better understood. By feeling loved and loving God back we experience His Flame of love. You can easily imagine what she is thinking and feeling by putting yourself in her situation. Her thoughts can easily be yours. As she experiences God’s love through Solomon a type of Christ so also we experience greater love from Christ!! Or if your feelings are a certain way then what should your thoughts be in order to draw you closer to God? The Song will help balance your religious emotions as you put yourself in her shoes. except for some verses that help out the context like Chapter 3:6-11. Love is better understood by being felt or tasted then the taste gives us a better idea of what experiencing God’s love tastes or feel like in different situations of courtship and marriage. Much like we can own Psalm 51:1-4. Better meditation on the text. Ability to see and feel things from her perspective and let Solomon guide you by His Word. Christ in him, the Wisdom of God, unmeasurable wisdom 1 Kings 4:29 “Now God gave Solomon wisdom and very great discernment and breadth of mind, like the sand that is on the seashore.”
- Greater conviction comes from arguing from the lesser messiah to the greater Christ/Husband. The greatest love Song must behold before our eyes a Great Lover. Ideas of Love are communicated to our minds. We get an idea about God, who He is and what He is like, and what He has done is doing and will do, the works of God we praise Him. A beloved above all other’s. Yes Solomon was a beloved above all other’s and her own matchless description of Solomon in Song 5:10-16 singles out Solomon as Chief among ten thousand!! Yeah, line up 10,000 of the best husbands in the world and Solomon was chief!! You could even say or better said as she says Solomon was the best “friend” and “beloved” in Song 5:16. Not enemies but friends and her was her “beloved” the one dear to her heart. She loved him. She loved him dearly, he was so precious and dear to her heart she would give her life in order to have him near her. Like a sachet of myrrh resting closer to her heart. The Love Song is a illustration of how the flame of the Lord brings a married couple closer to Himself and each other. The Song is designed to be argued from the lesser lover to the greater Lover, Christ. Matt. 12:42. A view of the greater Christ will have a greater tendency to stir up the flame of Love to God thats in the heart of every believer. Some authors, mostly puritans, just take Solomon out and put Christ into the text and say a “greater than Solomon is here” in the Song of Songs. Although Solomon is a type of Christ and I would say the closest one to being “The Messiah” that ever lived. To put Jesus Christ our heavenly bridegroom in place of Solomon is is hermeneutical suicide. You find the idea or principle of love in the text then argue from the lesser husband, shepherd, king, bridegroom to the greater Husband, King, Shepherd and BridegroomThe text was meant to be argued from the lesser christ to the greater. Matt. 12:32. She was united to a messiah that loved her, in a greater sense, how much more so are we to desire intimacy with Christ. The greatest Love Song brings to light what is going on in the heart of a believer and Jesus Christ due to their union and holy communion or lack thereof.
- A superlative Song having a superlative husband. Solomon the husband the most excellent lover had a name above all other. King of Kings, King to who peace belonged, sat on the throne of God 2 Chron. 9:8 etc. She believes and her description of Solomon also proves that her husband, friend and lover is better than any other beloved. Song 5:9-16 Therefore the Song of Songs has the superlative husband in it. Solomon is a better lover than any other husband and she lays out his matchless description in order to humble herself in His absence so that she desires him more. Solomon is the most excellent lover. This superlative Love Song has two superlative lovers both showing and growing in their affection for one another. The most excellent lovers in the most excellent Love Song.
- The perfect example of the phases the bride goes through. Her growth in love in on display. She goes through 4-5 distinct phases of intimacy or levels of closeness or degrees of oneness due to union with one another in the very Flame of the Lord Song 8:6. Although the bride is spotless and no flaw in her by the end of Chapter 4 she is not standing out among the rest until chapter 6:8-9 and isn’t fully mature. By the end of chapter 8 she still is fully mature in her love to God and Solomon. So in the greatest love Song you have a king who’s love stands out among ten thousand and you have a queen who’s glory, moral beauty and excellencies that outshines 6o queens Song 6:8.
- The description of the love they share is described in Song 8:6-7. This is no ordinary human love. The love they share is a transcendent love coming from God and is compared to the “very flame of the Lord”, unstoppable and unyielding in its purpose in holy marriage., for them to be one as They are One.
- Greater love is manifested when an enemy is shown love and grace. Solomon is for God, she was recently against Him. She was an enemy of God. Greater love is on display when one loves an enemy verses a good person. Solomon is a superlative lover. King to whom peace with God and man belongs, therefore she didn’t fear punishment from Solomon. I wish I knew them all but I will do my best to list why Solomon was the best king/husband lover. What is it about Solomon from the Song that makes him Chief among ten thousand?
- Humility. The greater the humility the greater the love.
- Solomon is king of kings. Its a love coming from the greatest height of royalty and authority on earth! The royalty and majesty of his love is more than any other lover.
- Solomon’s unmeasurable wisdom set him above the other beloveds.
- Solomon set his love on shall a say a woman who according to outward appearances was difficult to have a holy love of complacency in. So a greater love is on display because of the difficulty to overcome their enmity. Having a sunburn meant you were an enemy of God. She was an enemy of God. Not only a sunburnt enemy that had to labor outside, but she was a nobody. Usually kings would marry princesses in order to make alliances like Solomon did with pharaohs daughter. But here in the Song she was not a princess but a shepherdess and vinedresser. Both of which she was neglectful in her duties plus she worshiped a false God. The only thing good she had going for her on the outset of the Song is that she had “the very Flame of God in her.” She was born again then desired a closer more intimate relationship with Solomon, chief wise man among ten thousand wise men. The chief among ten thousand courts and marries a slave woman who was in debt.
- The freeness of Solomon’s love makes it stand out. It could not be purchased or earned. Song 8:7
- The constancy of his love.
- Due to the Song having great heights of enjoyment, love, delight and happiness a greater love can be understood and felt. There is no other institution by God other than courtship and marriage where feelings can reach such intimacy and intensity.
- Love expresses itself in action. The duration and intensity of her love grows expressed in the degree of difficulty overcome to be near him. Mountains represent great difficulty and she was on top of multiple mountains producing spice. She obeys the king proving her love by being fruitful or rather producing spices during multiple times of ups and downs of life without fail in Song 8:14
(This is a work in progress but I thought it would be okay to put what I have so far, I keep editing this because I haven’t found a good way to organize all my thoughts yet)
- Marriage is God’s first and best institution designed to reflect His Glory. Due to both man and woman having God’s image upon them they are capable of glorifying God. The love Song that is better than any other is set in a kingdom marriage context intentionally in order for it to
- illustrates a better tastier love, more delightful Song 1:2
- illustrate’s how “the very flame of God” Song 8:6 operates at the heights, depths, lengths and width’s in God’s kingdom with the king of peace ruling with unmeasurable wisdom, loving righteousness and hating wickedness due to that transcendent burning flame within.
- In Courtship emotions are heightened, first date, conversation, dinner, night out and emotions so high in the banquet house where his banner over her was love she faints in his arms.
- The greatest love to the most amount of people during his reign as king of king, all the earth heard of his/His fame. The height of Solomon love or greatness of it comes from the fact that he was the greatest man to have ever lived so far. Though Solomon was a lesser Christ, he was the greatest type so far. “The chief among ten thousand”
- illustrate the breath and length of Gods love as well
- illustrate the sanctification of the believer by the husband
- Sanctification of his wife is the job of the husband Ephesian 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.
- Through loving her
- By having a name above all others Song 1:3
- By using his unmeasurable wisdom primarily for her spiritual good.
- Through loving her
- Sanctification of his wife is the job of the husband Ephesian 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.
- At least one of the lovers would have to be perfect? right? I think so, either way, the unmeasurably wise king of peace perfectly loved his once enemy wife. At least in the Song Solomon never sins. The king of peace metaphorically kisses the bride over and over again and does not stop.
- She becomes blameless and flawless out of his perfect love and faithfulness to his promises.
- Believing the lesser Christ to be who he was always, the king to whom peace belongs.
- Obeying him as king/King. (in her obedience to God she obeys her king/one in authority over her) “I am my beloved’s and his desire is for me.
- Obeying him as good shepherd Song 1:7-8
- Desiring only to experience his/His most delightful love Song 8:6, 1:2
This title should grab your attention because the title says The Song of Songs is the best!! The best things are always nice to watch and learn. Watching the best dancer, skier, swimmer, gymnast, artist, singer etc really is something beautiful to see. To see someone skilled at the highest level of any certain skill is most beautiful to watch.
Other than sights that are most beautiful you also have places that are holier than others. Moses at the burning bush. The holy of holies in the temple. And just as the sun can outshine all the stars, so also the Song that the king to who peace belongs wrote about his courtship and marriage to an enemy slave girl and the two become one due to the unstoppable very “Flame of the LORD” making their union ever stricter/more intimate.
Rather than watching the Song unfold you meditate on the text as if you were the bride, in doing so you feel what she feels and think what she thinks and ponder why is she feeling, thinking or doing this? You can enter her world as to how she felt being loved by Solomon, the lesser Christ. Line up all the God breathed Songs about God’s Love “the very Flame of the LORD” Song 8:6 and this Song stands out among all the rest in what a Love Song is made up of and what it’s effect on the heart of a believer!
The purpose of this blog is to learn as much as we can about what the title means and why it was given the title Song of Songs. The text should be translated Song of Songs but some translators tried to put what they believed to be their meaning of Song of Songs as the title like
New Living Translation
This is Solomon’s song of songs, more wonderful than any other.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Solomon’s Finest Song
International Standard Version
The Most Beautiful Song by Solomon.
Obviously this is a love song. Love or some form of the word shows up about 60 times in 8 chapters. It is a love Song set in poetry between two lovers. Solomon and his bride. How love the very flame of the Lord brings peace between enemies and binds them together as one.
A need clearly and unbiasedly examine the nature of God’s greatest love poem to sinful man. the Song of Songs communicates love to the heart better than any other Song. Both the true idea and taste of love to the whole heart enflaming it to further degrees of holy love til the heart agree’s “I am all His, and no doubt at all about His Love for me Truly Truly I say to you, His desire is for me.”
The degree of love is measured by the difficulty one would go through for your beloved/Beloved.
Examples of overcoming great difficulty and enmity because peace belongs to him. If you are in a covenantal relationship with Solomon he will make you more beautiful.
Our first question is “What does the title mean?” If we knew what the title meant then we would know the purpose of the Song. Below are characteristics of the Song of Songs that make it better than any other love song.
- The Song of Songs. No one would argue that God’s love is better than any other love from an other being. God’s love is superlative above all other loves, this is why the Song compares the holy love shared between the two as “the flame of the Lord” Song 8:6. Common love between two non-believers is selfish and definitely is not the kind of love illustrated in the Song. To have a love above all other’s it would have to come from God, be something of God and be returned to Him for in this way love is made complete among us. 1 John 4. The major theme of the Song of Songs is love, and that love is “the very Flame of the LORD” Song 8:6. The Love a believing couple share and delight in is the very Flame of the LORD, when experienced to the greatest intensities is better than any other experience.
- A greater love must be on display in the Song of Songs in order for it to be worthy of the title. Greater love is on display when we love our enemies. The bride was an enemy of Solomon who gets the flame of the Lord in her and marries Solomon. Although she rebels sometimes in the Song, Solomon still loves her despite her sinful actions. Herein is a great love on display. Showing love to enemies. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay his life down for his freinds who were enemies..
- Set in poetry. Like the rarest diamond on a pure gold ring are the words of love set in poetry.
- The overall scene of the whole known world was that of Love and peace during Solomons 40 year reign. Israels growing blessings and peace on earth was because of God’s special love to Israel. Though for God’s enemies/gentiles who continued in wickedness were enslaved.
- The heights of love must be on display (either in the text or by argument/reasoning)
- The love in the Song cant be bought Song 8:6. A lesser cheaper love could be bought.
- The depths of love between the two must be understood
- The most excellent lover must be king Solomon, chief among ten thousand. Solomon , the king to whom the glory belongs who brought the peace of God to the ends of the earth because he possessed unmeasurable wisdom and the Flame of God.
- The extent or breadth of God’s love reached the nations
- The depth of it is on display in extreme depths of pain proving the depth of His Love to God and sinful man.
- Coming from the highest heaven.
- The length of that Love is everlasting
- The bride would have to be a heroine as well. True love is not one sided. First she hated God and Solomon then she was born again and desires Solomon. He overlooks the greatest evil stigma a sunburn could have and calls her the most beautiful of women. Sometimes when the fire is hot she is swiftly pursuing Him like a mare in battle Song 1:8 and 6:12. Overcoming some of the greatest obstacles in life in order to be near her husband/Husband. What good is a great perfect lover husband and king loving his wife but not returning love to him. It is fit and proper to adore him Song 1:5 there proper expressions of their love would follow. Love to Solomon because Solomon first loved her and drew her closer by his love, God’s love to Solomon’s bride. It was through Solomon that the bride experienced the love of God. Song 1:2, 8:6, 2 Chron. 9:8
- They see God’s love to His people pictured in a type of peaceful world wide blessing during the reign of The Messiah. This is the extent of God’s love during Solomon’s reign, it went out to all the nations.
The Song of Songs is the title because it illustrates the Love of God, the very “Flame of the LORD” in a Kingdom marriage context.
Marriage is an institution designed by God to reflect His Glory. God’s image consisting in His idea of Himself love to and delight in Himself written on their hearts reflecting His Glory.
The Song illustrates how God called us closer and woo’d us closer through our union and communion with His beloved son/Beloved Son in spiritual and physical marriage.
Reasons the Song of Songs communicates the Love of God to the whole heart better than any other Song.
Jonathan Edwards said “The more any doctrine or institution brings to light of the spiritual world, the more will it urge to love and charity.”
- No other institution on earth can illustrate emotional highs and depths of intimacy more than courtship and marriage! Intimacy. Clearly the Song of Songs has intimacy at its heights and depths in love, communication, physical intimacy and a mutual sharing of holiness consisting in Love to God due to the very “Flame of the Lord” burning hotter all the way.
Thoughts while I wrote
In order to enter the closest most intimate relationship with Christ in the Holy of Holies you must repent and behold the Beauty of beauties, King of Kings, Servant of servants, Teacher of teachers and LORD of Lords in His most loveliest act of all which had no greater height, depth, width or length to it at all, the dying Love of Jesus Christ our Savior. Behold, The Lover above all lovers at the cross bearing the full force of Infinite Wrath on behalf of the most unworthy sinners. Amen and Amen!
by human marriage union in love makes them ever after more one with each other. Love the Very Flame of the LORD shared between them binds them together even more strict than before.
147. Solomon’s Song. The name by which Solomon calls this song confirms me in it that it is more than an ordinary love song, and that it was designed for a divine song, and of divine authority; for we read, 1 Kings 4:32, that Solomon’s “songs were a thousand and five.” This he calls the “song of songs” [Canticles 1:1], that is, the most excellent of all his songs, which it seems very probable to me to be upon that account, because it was a song of the most excellent subject, treating of the love, union, and communion between Christ and his spouse, of which marriage and conjugal love was but a shadow. These are the most excellent lovers, and their love the most excellent love.
Mr. Matthew Henry, in the introduction to his Exposition of this book, says,
“It appears that this book was “taken in a spiritual sense by the Jewish church, for whose use it was first composed, as appears by the Chaldee Paraphrase, and the most ancient Jewish expositors.” In the same place he says, “In our belief, both of the divine extraction and spiritual exposition of this book, we are confirmed by the ancient, constant, and concurring testimony, both of the church of the Jews, to whom were committed the oracles of God, and who never made any doubt of the authority of this book, and of the Christian church, which happily succeeds them in that trust and honor.”
Song of Songs
Song of Solomon
Sometimes called “Canticles” during the puritan age.
It seems Jonathan Edwards uses language that intimates differing degree’s of perfection when talking about the difference between the perfect union of the saints with God on earth and the “More” “perfect” the union in Heaven. “the souls of the saints do not die when their bodies die, but are received to a state of happiness in more perfect union and communion with God” Jonathan Edwards
How is intimacy between Solomon and his wife similar to that of Christ and each believer?
Saved in 2000 at age 27. Nearly immediately I fell in love with the Song and grew very fast the first two years memorizing large portions of scripture purifying my mind the started chewing on meat to soon and struggled for 12 years and Christ has me on track like always but I just took the long way around and now I love leading others closer to Christ by seeing His love reflected in Solomons love for an enemy slave girl.
I have experienced God's love to me in the Song in ways that words can't express. There are many portion of the Word where she experiences extra ordinary outpouring of the Holy Spirit of God. If you have a burning desire for a close intimate relationship with God by experiencing His Love to you over and over again at greater and greater heights, depths, lengths and breaths then The Song of Songs is where you need to be.
I can help you with this process of Growing in the experience of God's love. As of 7-23-16 I have experienced everything prior to chapter 8. The Song of Song is progressive in experience. Meaning that if you are mature then you can experience the joys and extraordinary outpourings of God's Love shed abroad in your heart.
If you are not so mature then the delights in the first chapter of the Song will satisfy your thirst for experiencing the Love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Many Christian are living in sin because they do not know how to experience God's love and get hooked on Loving Him. It feels good to be loved and to love Him. His burden is not heavy and His yoke is light, Jesus said in Matt. 10:28
I believe God wants to use me to help beautify His Bride through the Song of Solomon.
If you see the book literally you will not understand nor grasp the Love God has for you. If you see the book and the verses in it relating to Christ's love to you then I would love to show you how to experience this Love to the fullest. I will pray for you daily and guide you every step of the way.
16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
I grew up going to church but was a hypocrite. I lived my life how I chose but went to church on Sunday because my family went.
Mom and Dad divorced when I was about 5.
About this time I was sexually abused by "Bob" a made up name. This incident changed my life for the worst. I had no clue how to deal with it.
As I got older I grew in my hatred for Bob. I didn't blame anyone of my family because I was to young to know any better. Some of what happened during the abuse was in a bathroom. So overtime I would use the bathroom and look at my private parts that night would replay in my mind. My hatred for Bob would continue to grow each time.
Now I know this only happened to me one night. I can't image the pain other's go through who have had this happen to them over and over. Even as I write this now I cry with many tears for those hurting. God love you even though you may not know it or feel it. Go to Him in your time of need.
I was a really bad teenager. I only cared about myself and not even my family. I always came first in my mind. Even at the expense of hurting others. I was growing in my hatred for God by now.
I was going to church and was learned that God was in control. I thought well, if God was in control then He must have let me be sexually abused. I didn't understand this, How could a good and loving God allow this. I hated Him for it. My hatred for Bob grew as well. I was still using the bathroom and memories kept coming back. My heart grew even harder for Bob and God. As far as I was concerned God would have nothing to do with my life so I lived even worse. I thought I would be in jail or dead and I really didn't care, I thought it could be much worse than reliving your painful past over and over again. Little did I know that God's plan later would be to use these events to give me a burning passion for the closest most intimate love relationship with Himself through Christ mainly through the love poem in the Song of Songs in the Bible.
I remember hating Bob so much that the only thing that would relieve my pain was actually thinking he would suffer forever for what he did. I grew so much in my hatred for him that I had to continue to think that he would get even worse than what I imaged before. After some time I would only be relieved of hatred for him unless I thought he would burn in a hotter and hotter hell for all the suffering he put me through.
I never told my mom or family what happened, although I think some of them knew something had happened.
I grew up quite rebellious and even went to jail at the age of 20. I was living the fast life pursuing all my sinful desires and wanting more. It never seemed to be enough. I was quite happy in my sin but I just wanted more of it.
I lived life thinking I would die at a young age, riding motorcycle and living on the edge put me in the hospital many times and I should have been dead.
California at age 26.
I moved to California for a job opportunity at the age of 27. While trying to figure out what radio stations to program in my car, I ran across a RC Sproul talking about "people who have the faith that saves and people who only say that have faith" only the people who have the faith that saves will go to heaven. I thought "I don't think I have the faith that saves because my life was so bad." I searched the scriptures to try to get this faith. I found a church and thought people there could help me get this faith that saves. All along God kept showing me how sinful I was and that I deserved punishment from Him for living my life hating Him.
One weekend I read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John desperately trying to find out how to get this faith that saves. By now I knew that if you had the faith that saves that Jesus would be saving you from a life of sin. I still liked my sin and Jesus sure wasn't saving me from a life of sin, so I rightly concluded that I didn't have the faith that saves.
By the time I got to John, I saw "believe" everywhere. John 3:16 and other verses and wow the whole book was written so that you may believe. John 20:31 "these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." So at night I would pray "I believe Jesus died for me, I believe, I believe. This was just an intellectual belief. I knew that in history and the Bible that Jesus died for everyone, so I believed it. But this belief did not change my life.
I would go on night after night saying the same prayer only to wake up the next day wanting to fulfill my sinful desires. The prayer wasn't working so I started to word it different each time hoping some prayer would work. After about 2 weeks of this I was fed up with it all, nothing was happening. I still was living in my sin and wanted more of it. A Christian hates their sin and does something about it, and certainly they don't continue to make plans to sin. The prayers weren't working so I gave up. I thought to myself "God, I tried with all my might, I searched the Scriptures, went to church, read the Bible and prayed all to no avail. If Im going to be saved your going to have to do it because I tried."
So I quit praying but still the Bible kept calling me so I read more. 3 Days later I was laying in a tanning bed and God convicted me really hard that I had offended Him by the life I was living. I was so scared of God, where could I run. You can't hide from God. It seemed like forever that I was under these terrors of being punished by a Holy Angry God. This lasted about 10 minutes then this is how I understood it. God let me understand that all that anger that He had for me for all my sin should come my way but He had poured that anger out on Jesus 2,000 years ago. I immediately started weeping an couldn't stop for about 20 minutes. All the sins that I could think of I confessed for that 20 minutes one after another after another, I was so sorrowful and grieved it physically hurt inside.
After I stopped crying I thought that was the weirdest thing that ever happened. I walked out of the tanning salon and stood outside and everything seemed so beautiful, the tree's, the birds, even the air seemed pleasant. Now I was really wondering what was going on.
I pondered all of this as I drove to work that day. I brought my Bible to work and was thinking what am I doing, I want to take my Bible to work so I can read it. As soon as I got to work I started reading my Bible. I couldn't believe what I was reading!! It all was so wonderful. It felt so good to just read my Bible. My client showed up and as I was training them the only thing I could think about was getting back to my Bible. I read all night and slept about 2 hours and was reading again.
I had sinful things in my apartment and I rounded everything evil up and threw it in the garbage. It was weird I was thinking but it felt good so I left it all in the garbage. I called my girlfriend to break it up and she thought I had another girl, I said no, I just think this is wrong we shouldn't be sleeping together. She didn't understand so I told her I was a Christian now and she still thought I had another girlfriend. She said "Im glad your a Christian, so am I" I thought to myself, "I have a strong conviction that sleeping together is wrong and she thought it was okay" I wondered how she could think that. Anyway we broke up.
I kept reading my bible and repenting, there was so much to repent of and I had lived a very sinful life. I was a thief for some part of my life and all the people I stole from kept coming to mind. I owed so much money. I was instantly in debt about $80,000. As I could I paid them back. As of 7-18-2016 I still owe about $25,000 but it sure is a joy to be paying them back.
The first week of being saved a car just about ran me over, they hit me but I wasn't hurt at all. The guy in the car felt so bad. I just looked at him and said "God bless you and have a great day, I am okay" smiled at him and moved on. Now I was really wondering what was going on because I normally would have cussed him out left and right and instead of cussing I blessed him. That was so weird. But again it felt good. I learned to do good by what my conscience told me was good and that it felt good. I got hooked on this feeling good by doing good and did it more often.
About two weeks after being saved I thought of Bob. I immediately prayed for him, something like "Lord help him.." then I stopped praying and said out loud "What am I doing?" I'm praying for a man that I hated my whole life, but it feels good and right, so I did it again. I stopped again midway in the prayer and started pacing around. I was trying to make sense of what was going on and couldn't figure it out. But again it made me happy to pray for him so I did. Bob would often come to mind when I went to the bathroom and each time I would pray for Him. The more I did this the less weird it got. And the greater my love grew for him.
I started memorizing large portions of scripture and this was wonderful because it felt like the words were cleaning my mind and as Proverbs 2:10 "For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul." I wanted more and more of this pleasantness. So I memorized even more and the joy got more and more.
Then this life changing advice came:
A friend from church told me to find a book of the Bible and really understand it. Read through the Bible and pick one and read it over and over and study it and really get it. So I started in Genesis and read through. When I got to Proverbs I really liked it so I thought that would be the book. I started by memorizing all of Proverbs chapter 3. After that I thought maybe there is a better book than Proverbs. So I read on. Then I came to Song of Solomon. I read it with quite some confusion. It wasn't as good as the other books, I didn't know why. So I bought a commentary on it. George Burrowes commentary on the Song of Solomon.
In the commentary I found that George and other saw the book as illustrating God's love to the Church. And not only illustrating it but displaying the Love of Christ better than any other book. This caught my attention big time, because I was having a burning desire for a closer relationship with God and desperately learning about His Love so that I could Love God. You see I had hated Him for so long that God used that old hard heart to spur me on in loving Him. I so much did not want to hate God anymore that I was on fire to learn to Love Him as much and as fast as possible. So here was a book that would help me do that. So I landed on the Song of Solomon. I committed to learning as much of this book as possible.
I memorized the first chapter and would repeat it often throughout the day. I didn't know much of what I was repeating but it sure made me happier and on fire for God. I grew so fast repeating the first chapter over and over again all day, like a dozen times a day at least. It felt so good and I never found any other book that caused me to weep so much. I would often weep everyday just reading it. I was to immature to know what was going on. Even though it hurt to weep so much, I felt like my heart was being cleansed from the filth that was in it by repeating it over and over again so I did. As I read the commentary I understood more and more. What God was doing in me through the Song was greater and faster than any other portion of Scripture so I tended to stay there often. I was so excited about God that I thought it funny that other's in church weren't the same way. Some where happy but it seemed most of them didn't seem to care much about God. They would talk about work, football the weather. The only thing I wanted to talk about was Jesus and God and how can I grow closer to Him.
About this time there was a mission trip to Ireland.
I started to have convictions that I should try to find Bob and witness to him. I kept praying for him but how could he be saved if he hadn't heard the Gospel that has power unto salvation. So I asked family if they had any information. Like me before, my family hated him and thought he deserved hell. After some time I got his name but no location or phone number. Either they didn't know where he was or didn't want to tell me. I prayed some more and then started to get stronger convictions to do something about finding Bob.
So I went on the internet and typed in "his name and child molestation sex offender court" thinking that some court record would have some info leading to where I may find him" I even talked to a private eye and he couldn't help. So I googled some key words and spent hours each day looking through each page. I believed it was God's will for me to witness to Bob. I wanted him to be saved. Really bad. So much so that I thought God would save Bob if I were to witness to him. So I didn't stop searching for him. I kept my computer on each day and went page by page. It took two years to go through about 15,000 pages but I found someone who matched his name in a prison for molesting his grandchildren. I wrote the prison and he wrote back. All kinds of emotions went through my body when I saw his letter from the jail. I didn't open it right away but two hours later God gave me enough courage to face my fears again and I opened the letter. He admitted to being the one who molested me. We wrote back and forth I told him I was angry before but now I was saved and that I loved him and believed God wanted me to talk to him. He read my letters over and over again. I shared the gospel in each one.
I got mad at Bob 2x. Once he said that he love me. I got really angry with him. He didn't love me. That night it was hard to love Bob, I had to call a friend to pray for me to repent, after he prayed I felt greater love for Bob. Then I wrote him back saying "I'm sorry but you can't say that you loved me. You did not love me you lusted after me." He admitted he didn't love as he should have and admitted that it was lust and sinful. Finally some conviction. Yet I only thought he was saying that because I was being nice to him. All his family had left him and he said I was the only "friend" he had.
Wether or not it was true Bob said that he had cancer in his arm and that the help the prison gives was not enough and if he had money he could see a different doctor and get help. I sent him some money and since I was in jail before I knew what it was like to be in there without money, so I sent him money.
About 4-5 months in the economy went down, it was 2008. Work was hard. I still sent him money and I had to work harder. This was a really good lesson for me because I had to "work hard for the benefit of someone who did not deserve it." This was one of the greatest blessing ever because I realized with great certainty that Jesus was in me. This is what Jesus did. Jesus worked his whole life for me and I didn't deserve it!! Christ was in me! This was one of the best feelings ever and it put me in worship for months.
Then a mission trip to Croatia.
Each time I had to leave my business and amazing as it is I was completely okay each time. I am a self employed personal trainer and it is normally absurd to just leave and start over, but each time I had enough work within 2 weeks of coming back. This is a flat out miracle. I trusted God to provide and he did. How many people can start up a business in 2 weeks. Only with the help of God. God was teaching me early on in my walk that as long as I did what He wanted me to do then I had nothing to worry about.
About 3 years saved now.
I Taught the 4 year old's at church Sunday morning for 10 years.
Left my business 2x for mission trips and God miraculously provided when I came back.
I taught 5 x a week plus held a job.
Sunday morning to the kids.
Sunday night with the 5th graders
Friday afternoons at Good News Clubs. Sponsored by Child Evangelism Fellowship.
Friday Nights with the Kids teaching through Pilgrims Progress, I did this 2x
Teaching Monday afternoons at a nursing home. I taught through the Song of Songs once then John, then Romans then back to the Song again! I love the Song of Songs.
I grew up hating God for what happened to me, and now I love Him because He first loved me. My passion is for children to grow up loving God and not hating Him.
My other passion which has become ever greater is to help others see the Love of Christ to His Church in the Song of Songs!!
I would love to help you, just let me know and I will lead you and pray for you.
God demonstrates His love to us in sending His one and only Son to suffer in our place, taking our sins upon Himself so that whoever believes they get to heaven because of what He did for us will not perish but have everlasting life.