“Here are innumerable gradations of truth adapted to the different degrees of the growth of the soul in grace, from the first exercises of conviction (in chapter 1) to the highest measure of sanctification attainable on earth (in Song 8:14) A particular development of our spiritual perceptions is requisite for feeling the beauty and power of any one of the portions of truth in this ascending scale.” George Burrowes, Song of Solomon pg 23
Key Truths that indicate that the Song of Songs is about sanctification.
- She starts off ignorant about how to get close to Solomon in Song 1:7 to knowing where to find him Song 6:2.
- Song 2:16 “My beloved is mine and I am his” to Song 7:10 “I am my beloveds and his desire is for me.” First my beloved is mine in Chapter 2 then she says first “I am my beloveds in Song 7:10. She has learned to give her will over completely to Solomon by chapter 7. By Solomon, the lesser Christ, giving himself to her she see’s his love and has learned to give herself to him. And has learned and experienced his love to the point that she has no doubt that “his desire is for her” good. And has no doubt at all about his love for her. Here we see growth from Chapter 2 to 7.
- Praising her for looking to him and obeying encourages her to do more of the same. Song 4:8-9 and thus adorns herself with more jewels of love. These are precious moments with the lover of her soul when he compliments her moral character in metaphors throughout the Song. In Song 4:8-9 Solomon is praising her love in listening to him to “Come down..” This helps her realize what ravishes his heart and if she loves him she will do it more and more. Solomon praising her godly character encourages her to be more godly. Husbands ought to praise the noble character of their wives like in Prov. 31:28-30. For more go HERE
- Her fruit bearing skills increase from
- a neglected vineyard in Song 1:6
- to a blossoming vineyard in 2:15
- to a full garden in 4:12-5:1
- to bearing fruit in high places Song 7:8
- to spices on top of multiple mountains while he is away in 8:14 We can clearly see differing degrees of cultivation skills. She gets better and better at producing fruit. Here you have 5 levels of fruit bearing skills. From nothing to blossoming to a full garden to fruit in high places to bearing fruit in rare difficult situations. Which correspond to the 5 stages in the NT (Babe or infant, child, young man, strong young man, and Father 1 John 2:12-14)
- These growing fruit bearing skills correspond to the progressive growth of the bride.
- Scripture makes clear distinctions between 5 major categories of growth both in the Song with the bride as above and also in 1 John 2:12-14 with the bride of Christ. Below are brief verses in the NT on the 5 phases.
- “I write to you Children because you know your sins are forgiven for His Names sake.”
- “I write to you young men because you have overcome the evil one”
- “I write to you strong young men because the word abides in you.”
- “I write to you father’s because you know Him who is from the beginning.”
- The first phase, the Babe phase is in other scriptures. The Corinthians were worldly babes 1 Cor. 3:1 , Babes desire the pure milk of the word 1 Peter 2:2, babes are tossed to and fro Eph. 4:14. Aren’t acquainted with teachings about righteousness. Hebrews 5:13
- I haven’t had much time, but I believe these 5 phases may also be depicted in the life and history of Israel but I’m not sure yet, here is my notes anyway on Israel God’s wife and bride Jer 3:14,20, 31:32. It was the progressive revelation of God to them in redemption out of Egypt, sanctification and testing in the wilderness, to taking over the promise land to….. I don’t know what?
- Infants or babes, new birth at the exodus till the giving of the Law or so Numbers 11:12, Dt 32:18
- Children at Mount Sinai in Covenant with God like the Child in the Song at 2:16
- Testing the whole time in the wilderness overcoming the evil one like young men. to possibly Joshua Jer. 2:2 and Dt. 31:6-7
- Fighting the enemies of God as a strong young man like Sampson and David.
- Spiritually wise King and father like Solomon
- The marriage Song is a reflection of the Love of Christ to the Church. Ephesians 5:25-32. A lesser lover pointing to the Greatest Lover Christ for “Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13 This love is irresistible and sanctifying Jer. 31:3 and Rom. 8:28-29 and Phil. 1:9, John 17:17. So if Christ has a sanctifying affect on His bride then so will the husband as he loves his bride as Christ loves the Church. Solomon does this by praising her character in metaphoric language in Song 1:9-10 then makes a promise himself to make her more beautiful. Was was beautiful with jewels of love and faithfulness around her neck. “We will make you earrings of gold studded with silver” We will make you more beautiful. You are holy we will make you more holy. Solomon and His God and all the people of the kingdom will make her more holy. She will grow. This is the promise Solomon makes in Song 1:11. He will have a good sanctifying effect upon her by him reflecting the glory of Christ in his kingdom reign, in his priestly office and in speaking Truth also by experiencing God’s love to her through union and communion with Solomon in marriage. 1 Kings 10:9
- Basically, as Solomon’s wife she beheld the Glory of God in the face of Solomon. A veiled and reflected Glory of God but the Glory of God none the less. This transformed the OT believer as well as the New 2 Cor. 3:18. As she beholds the Glory of God in the face of Solomon she experiences God’s love to her and is changed from one level of glory to another by the Spirit illuminating truths to her heart about Solomon, the lesser Christ, who’s name is like perfume poured out and who’s love is more delightful than wine. Song 1:2-3. She changes from one level of glory to another. The multiple experiences of Solomon’s love increase her skills in bearing good fruit. She see’s, understands and delights in God’s love to her through Solomon. This transforms her. Solomon’s glory or love is only a reflection or shadow of the Love of Christ that changes us by just beholding it. Seeing it and delighting in it changes us from one level of Glory to another.
Song of Songs 1:11 “We will make you earrings of gold studded with silver.” Solomon is saying here that he and everyone in the Kingdom will help make her more beautiful. More morally excellent. More holy. He just complimented her moral beauty in the previous verse and now promises to make her more holy. This is the responsibility of the husband and Husband Christ. Ephesians 5:25-26 25 “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word” Solomon does this in metaphoric language. If you miss the metaphors and read it literally it will look like flattery. But read it metaphorically then He is praising her noble character as a husband ought to do.
Sanctification is a progressive work of God and man that makes us more and more free from sin and like Christ in our actual lives. (Wayne Grudem) The woman in the Song of Songs is becoming more holy. Solomon is loving her as Christ loves and sanctifies his wife by displaying the glory of God in marriage. Though with a veiled face it still transforms her making her grow more holy from one level of glory to another 2 Cor. 3:18. Her love for God is growing due to the very flame of God in her Song 8:6-7 She grows through the same phases of growth that a NT believer would in 1 John 2:12-14
Meat is for the Strong Young Man. Most Babes ought to be teachers by now Hebrews 5:12 “For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.”
Everyone must desire the pure milk of the word of God like the Babe in chapter 1 then enjoy your adoption in Chapter 2, Looking forward to having Christ rule all your life and heart and enjoying the assurance of your salvation in chapter 3, overcoming the evil one in chapter 4, then getting stronger by the word of God abiding in you in chapters 5-7. By Chapter 8 you are the supreme example for everyone else and you can now teach anyone how to grow from Babe to Father.
Sort of like Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyon. It’s an allegory of the Christian life. Lessons are learned and Pilgrim progresses much like the woman. Same in the Song, she constantly progresses. Though in real life we will repeat sins and stay in one phase for quite some time, we will still grow because God promises it. Phil 1:6
Order of Salvation
Before Sanctification comes
- Predestination Eph 1:11; Rom. 8:29
Illumination. II Corinthians 4:3–4. “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost; in whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them that believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them,” together with v. 6, “For God who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ”
Regeneration or getting a new heart happens at conversion or when born again:
- Conversion and Fruits of Union with Christ
- Faith Eph 2:8-9, Hebrews Chapter 11
- Regeneration. Sanctification has a definite beginning at Regeneration Titus 3:5, 1 John 3:9, Ez. 36:26
- Repentance this is a change of mind and heart about sin. You hate it and so you do your best and don’t do it anymore.
- Justification Rom. 8:30; 3:20, 4:5, Gal. 2:16
- Adoption Rom 8:14-17; Ps 68:5, Is 43:6-7; Gal 3:23-26
The Sanctification Process in 5 stages
Sanctification, or becoming more like Christ increases throughout life Col. 3:10, Rom. 6:11, Phil 3:13-14, 2 Cor 3:18. It begins at regeneration Ez. 36:26 when you get a new heart and love to God is written on it, the sum of the law. Once you are a new creation with a new heart you are now equipped to grow and bear fruit. The 5 stages or phases of Sanctification, growth or levels of glory here on earth are Babe or Infant, Child, Young Man, Strong Young man and Father.
- Babe phase 1:2-1:17
- Child phase 2-3:5
- Young man 3:6-5:1
- Strong young man 5:2-8:4
- Father/Mother fully adorned 8:5-8:14
- Sanctification is Completed at Death for our souls and when the Lord returns (for our bodies). 1 John 1:8, Rom 6:12-13, phil 3:21, 1 Cor 15:23, Rom. 8:28-30.
- Glorification in Eternity. Ephesians 2:6-7, John 17:11,22 Jonathan Edwards “This will the better appear, if we consider the degree and manner in which he aimed at the creature’s excellency and happiness in creating the world; viz. during the whole of its designed eternal duration; in greater and greater nearness, and strictness of union with himself, in his own glory and happiness, in constant progression, through all eternity. As the creature’s good was viewed, when God made the world, with respect to its whole duration, and eternally progressive union to, and communion with him: so the creature must be viewed as in infinitely strict union with himself. In this view it appears, that God’s respect to the creature, in the whole, unites with his respect to himself. Both regards are like two lines which at the beginning appear separate, but finally meet in one, both being directed to the same center. And as to the good of the creature itself, in its whole duration and infinite progression, it must be viewed as infinite; and as coming nearer and nearer to the same thing in its infinite fullness. The nearer anything comes to infinite, the nearer it comes to an identity with God. And if any good, as viewed by God, is beheld as infinite, it cannot be viewed as a distinct thing from God’s own infinite glory.”
The greater you love the greater your emotions. Love is understood in the mind and felt in the heart. The greater your feelings the greater your love. The Song of Song will raise your feelings of Love to God to higher and higher degree’s like no other portion of Scripture. Raising or growing our love for God is our responsibility as Christians and also of the pastor.
“I should think myself in the way of my duty, to raise the affections [emotions] of my hearers as high as I possibly can, provided”—then he gave two qualifications—”provided they are affected with nothing but truth, and with affections that are not disagreeable to the nature of what they are affected with.”
Saved in 2000 at age 27. Nearly immediately I fell in love with the Song and grew very fast the first two years memorizing large portions of scripture purifying my mind the started chewing on meat to soon and struggled for 12 years and Christ has me on track like always but I just took the long way around and now I love leading others closer to Christ by seeing His love reflected in Solomons love for an enemy slave girl.
I have experienced God's love to me in the Song in ways that words can't express. There are many portion of the Word where she experiences extra ordinary outpouring of the Holy Spirit of God. If you have a burning desire for a close intimate relationship with God by experiencing His Love to you over and over again at greater and greater heights, depths, lengths and breaths then The Song of Songs is where you need to be.
I can help you with this process of Growing in the experience of God's love. As of 7-23-16 I have experienced everything prior to chapter 8. The Song of Song is progressive in experience. Meaning that if you are mature then you can experience the joys and extraordinary outpourings of God's Love shed abroad in your heart.
If you are not so mature then the delights in the first chapter of the Song will satisfy your thirst for experiencing the Love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Many Christian are living in sin because they do not know how to experience God's love and get hooked on Loving Him. It feels good to be loved and to love Him. His burden is not heavy and His yoke is light, Jesus said in Matt. 10:28
I believe God wants to use me to help beautify His Bride through the Song of Solomon.
If you see the book literally you will not understand nor grasp the Love God has for you. If you see the book and the verses in it relating to Christ's love to you then I would love to show you how to experience this Love to the fullest. I will pray for you daily and guide you every step of the way.
16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
I grew up going to church but was a hypocrite. I lived my life how I chose but went to church on Sunday because my family went.
Mom and Dad divorced when I was about 5.
About this time I was sexually abused by "Bob" a made up name. This incident changed my life for the worst. I had no clue how to deal with it.
As I got older I grew in my hatred for Bob. I didn't blame anyone of my family because I was to young to know any better. Some of what happened during the abuse was in a bathroom. So overtime I would use the bathroom and look at my private parts that night would replay in my mind. My hatred for Bob would continue to grow each time.
Now I know this only happened to me one night. I can't image the pain other's go through who have had this happen to them over and over. Even as I write this now I cry with many tears for those hurting. God love you even though you may not know it or feel it. Go to Him in your time of need.
I was a really bad teenager. I only cared about myself and not even my family. I always came first in my mind. Even at the expense of hurting others. I was growing in my hatred for God by now.
I was going to church and was learned that God was in control. I thought well, if God was in control then He must have let me be sexually abused. I didn't understand this, How could a good and loving God allow this. I hated Him for it. My hatred for Bob grew as well. I was still using the bathroom and memories kept coming back. My heart grew even harder for Bob and God. As far as I was concerned God would have nothing to do with my life so I lived even worse. I thought I would be in jail or dead and I really didn't care, I thought it could be much worse than reliving your painful past over and over again. Little did I know that God's plan later would be to use these events to give me a burning passion for the closest most intimate love relationship with Himself through Christ mainly through the love poem in the Song of Songs in the Bible.
I remember hating Bob so much that the only thing that would relieve my pain was actually thinking he would suffer forever for what he did. I grew so much in my hatred for him that I had to continue to think that he would get even worse than what I imaged before. After some time I would only be relieved of hatred for him unless I thought he would burn in a hotter and hotter hell for all the suffering he put me through.
I never told my mom or family what happened, although I think some of them knew something had happened.
I grew up quite rebellious and even went to jail at the age of 20. I was living the fast life pursuing all my sinful desires and wanting more. It never seemed to be enough. I was quite happy in my sin but I just wanted more of it.
I lived life thinking I would die at a young age, riding motorcycle and living on the edge put me in the hospital many times and I should have been dead.
California at age 26.
I moved to California for a job opportunity at the age of 27. While trying to figure out what radio stations to program in my car, I ran across a RC Sproul talking about "people who have the faith that saves and people who only say that have faith" only the people who have the faith that saves will go to heaven. I thought "I don't think I have the faith that saves because my life was so bad." I searched the scriptures to try to get this faith. I found a church and thought people there could help me get this faith that saves. All along God kept showing me how sinful I was and that I deserved punishment from Him for living my life hating Him.
One weekend I read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John desperately trying to find out how to get this faith that saves. By now I knew that if you had the faith that saves that Jesus would be saving you from a life of sin. I still liked my sin and Jesus sure wasn't saving me from a life of sin, so I rightly concluded that I didn't have the faith that saves.
By the time I got to John, I saw "believe" everywhere. John 3:16 and other verses and wow the whole book was written so that you may believe. John 20:31 "these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." So at night I would pray "I believe Jesus died for me, I believe, I believe. This was just an intellectual belief. I knew that in history and the Bible that Jesus died for everyone, so I believed it. But this belief did not change my life.
I would go on night after night saying the same prayer only to wake up the next day wanting to fulfill my sinful desires. The prayer wasn't working so I started to word it different each time hoping some prayer would work. After about 2 weeks of this I was fed up with it all, nothing was happening. I still was living in my sin and wanted more of it. A Christian hates their sin and does something about it, and certainly they don't continue to make plans to sin. The prayers weren't working so I gave up. I thought to myself "God, I tried with all my might, I searched the Scriptures, went to church, read the Bible and prayed all to no avail. If Im going to be saved your going to have to do it because I tried."
So I quit praying but still the Bible kept calling me so I read more. 3 Days later I was laying in a tanning bed and God convicted me really hard that I had offended Him by the life I was living. I was so scared of God, where could I run. You can't hide from God. It seemed like forever that I was under these terrors of being punished by a Holy Angry God. This lasted about 10 minutes then this is how I understood it. God let me understand that all that anger that He had for me for all my sin should come my way but He had poured that anger out on Jesus 2,000 years ago. I immediately started weeping an couldn't stop for about 20 minutes. All the sins that I could think of I confessed for that 20 minutes one after another after another, I was so sorrowful and grieved it physically hurt inside.
After I stopped crying I thought that was the weirdest thing that ever happened. I walked out of the tanning salon and stood outside and everything seemed so beautiful, the tree's, the birds, even the air seemed pleasant. Now I was really wondering what was going on.
I pondered all of this as I drove to work that day. I brought my Bible to work and was thinking what am I doing, I want to take my Bible to work so I can read it. As soon as I got to work I started reading my Bible. I couldn't believe what I was reading!! It all was so wonderful. It felt so good to just read my Bible. My client showed up and as I was training them the only thing I could think about was getting back to my Bible. I read all night and slept about 2 hours and was reading again.
I had sinful things in my apartment and I rounded everything evil up and threw it in the garbage. It was weird I was thinking but it felt good so I left it all in the garbage. I called my girlfriend to break it up and she thought I had another girl, I said no, I just think this is wrong we shouldn't be sleeping together. She didn't understand so I told her I was a Christian now and she still thought I had another girlfriend. She said "Im glad your a Christian, so am I" I thought to myself, "I have a strong conviction that sleeping together is wrong and she thought it was okay" I wondered how she could think that. Anyway we broke up.
I kept reading my bible and repenting, there was so much to repent of and I had lived a very sinful life. I was a thief for some part of my life and all the people I stole from kept coming to mind. I owed so much money. I was instantly in debt about $80,000. As I could I paid them back. As of 7-18-2016 I still owe about $25,000 but it sure is a joy to be paying them back.
The first week of being saved a car just about ran me over, they hit me but I wasn't hurt at all. The guy in the car felt so bad. I just looked at him and said "God bless you and have a great day, I am okay" smiled at him and moved on. Now I was really wondering what was going on because I normally would have cussed him out left and right and instead of cussing I blessed him. That was so weird. But again it felt good. I learned to do good by what my conscience told me was good and that it felt good. I got hooked on this feeling good by doing good and did it more often.
About two weeks after being saved I thought of Bob. I immediately prayed for him, something like "Lord help him.." then I stopped praying and said out loud "What am I doing?" I'm praying for a man that I hated my whole life, but it feels good and right, so I did it again. I stopped again midway in the prayer and started pacing around. I was trying to make sense of what was going on and couldn't figure it out. But again it made me happy to pray for him so I did. Bob would often come to mind when I went to the bathroom and each time I would pray for Him. The more I did this the less weird it got. And the greater my love grew for him.
I started memorizing large portions of scripture and this was wonderful because it felt like the words were cleaning my mind and as Proverbs 2:10 "For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul." I wanted more and more of this pleasantness. So I memorized even more and the joy got more and more.
Then this life changing advice came:
A friend from church told me to find a book of the Bible and really understand it. Read through the Bible and pick one and read it over and over and study it and really get it. So I started in Genesis and read through. When I got to Proverbs I really liked it so I thought that would be the book. I started by memorizing all of Proverbs chapter 3. After that I thought maybe there is a better book than Proverbs. So I read on. Then I came to Song of Solomon. I read it with quite some confusion. It wasn't as good as the other books, I didn't know why. So I bought a commentary on it. George Burrowes commentary on the Song of Solomon.
In the commentary I found that George and other saw the book as illustrating God's love to the Church. And not only illustrating it but displaying the Love of Christ better than any other book. This caught my attention big time, because I was having a burning desire for a closer relationship with God and desperately learning about His Love so that I could Love God. You see I had hated Him for so long that God used that old hard heart to spur me on in loving Him. I so much did not want to hate God anymore that I was on fire to learn to Love Him as much and as fast as possible. So here was a book that would help me do that. So I landed on the Song of Solomon. I committed to learning as much of this book as possible.
I memorized the first chapter and would repeat it often throughout the day. I didn't know much of what I was repeating but it sure made me happier and on fire for God. I grew so fast repeating the first chapter over and over again all day, like a dozen times a day at least. It felt so good and I never found any other book that caused me to weep so much. I would often weep everyday just reading it. I was to immature to know what was going on. Even though it hurt to weep so much, I felt like my heart was being cleansed from the filth that was in it by repeating it over and over again so I did. As I read the commentary I understood more and more. What God was doing in me through the Song was greater and faster than any other portion of Scripture so I tended to stay there often. I was so excited about God that I thought it funny that other's in church weren't the same way. Some where happy but it seemed most of them didn't seem to care much about God. They would talk about work, football the weather. The only thing I wanted to talk about was Jesus and God and how can I grow closer to Him.
About this time there was a mission trip to Ireland.
I started to have convictions that I should try to find Bob and witness to him. I kept praying for him but how could he be saved if he hadn't heard the Gospel that has power unto salvation. So I asked family if they had any information. Like me before, my family hated him and thought he deserved hell. After some time I got his name but no location or phone number. Either they didn't know where he was or didn't want to tell me. I prayed some more and then started to get stronger convictions to do something about finding Bob.
So I went on the internet and typed in "his name and child molestation sex offender court" thinking that some court record would have some info leading to where I may find him" I even talked to a private eye and he couldn't help. So I googled some key words and spent hours each day looking through each page. I believed it was God's will for me to witness to Bob. I wanted him to be saved. Really bad. So much so that I thought God would save Bob if I were to witness to him. So I didn't stop searching for him. I kept my computer on each day and went page by page. It took two years to go through about 15,000 pages but I found someone who matched his name in a prison for molesting his grandchildren. I wrote the prison and he wrote back. All kinds of emotions went through my body when I saw his letter from the jail. I didn't open it right away but two hours later God gave me enough courage to face my fears again and I opened the letter. He admitted to being the one who molested me. We wrote back and forth I told him I was angry before but now I was saved and that I loved him and believed God wanted me to talk to him. He read my letters over and over again. I shared the gospel in each one.
I got mad at Bob 2x. Once he said that he love me. I got really angry with him. He didn't love me. That night it was hard to love Bob, I had to call a friend to pray for me to repent, after he prayed I felt greater love for Bob. Then I wrote him back saying "I'm sorry but you can't say that you loved me. You did not love me you lusted after me." He admitted he didn't love as he should have and admitted that it was lust and sinful. Finally some conviction. Yet I only thought he was saying that because I was being nice to him. All his family had left him and he said I was the only "friend" he had.
Wether or not it was true Bob said that he had cancer in his arm and that the help the prison gives was not enough and if he had money he could see a different doctor and get help. I sent him some money and since I was in jail before I knew what it was like to be in there without money, so I sent him money.
About 4-5 months in the economy went down, it was 2008. Work was hard. I still sent him money and I had to work harder. This was a really good lesson for me because I had to "work hard for the benefit of someone who did not deserve it." This was one of the greatest blessing ever because I realized with great certainty that Jesus was in me. This is what Jesus did. Jesus worked his whole life for me and I didn't deserve it!! Christ was in me! This was one of the best feelings ever and it put me in worship for months.
Then a mission trip to Croatia.
Each time I had to leave my business and amazing as it is I was completely okay each time. I am a self employed personal trainer and it is normally absurd to just leave and start over, but each time I had enough work within 2 weeks of coming back. This is a flat out miracle. I trusted God to provide and he did. How many people can start up a business in 2 weeks. Only with the help of God. God was teaching me early on in my walk that as long as I did what He wanted me to do then I had nothing to worry about.
About 3 years saved now.
I Taught the 4 year old's at church Sunday morning for 10 years.
Left my business 2x for mission trips and God miraculously provided when I came back.
I taught 5 x a week plus held a job.
Sunday morning to the kids.
Sunday night with the 5th graders
Friday afternoons at Good News Clubs. Sponsored by Child Evangelism Fellowship.
Friday Nights with the Kids teaching through Pilgrims Progress, I did this 2x
Teaching Monday afternoons at a nursing home. I taught through the Song of Songs once then John, then Romans then back to the Song again! I love the Song of Songs.
I grew up hating God for what happened to me, and now I love Him because He first loved me. My passion is for children to grow up loving God and not hating Him.
My other passion which has become ever greater is to help others see the Love of Christ to His Church in the Song of Songs!!
I would love to help you, just let me know and I will lead you and pray for you.
God demonstrates His love to us in sending His one and only Son to suffer in our place, taking our sins upon Himself so that whoever believes they get to heaven because of what He did for us will not perish but have everlasting life.